Re: Knoppix new release

Subject: Re: Knoppix new release
From: Fielder George Dowding (fgdowding@iceworm-enterprises.net )
Date: Sun Oct 05 2003 - 13:09:12 AKDT

Thanks Greg, I will go look for the latest. I need to burn at least ten
more German editions for Professor Masanovic's German 301 class. She was
much impressed by the documentation (all in current German written by
Germans for Germans) and wants to use some of it in her module on
communications.

I doubt anyone in the 301 class will be burning CD's, but it is better
marketing to _GIVE_AWAY_ bug-free software, or at least as but-free as
possible.

Along these lines, I have gotten cups setup on the two machines I
installed to the harddrive to print to my network HP LaserJet
(JetDirect). I have found some stuff for the Lexmark 1100, but I have
not yet figured out how it all fits together.

You still have me down for twenty labels as per the attachment to one of
your past messages. I have not started production, so if you want any
changes, please let me know. For instance, I trust I should change the
version to 3.3, right?

fgd.

On Sun, Oct 05, 2003 at 10:48:10AM -0800, Greg Madden wrote:

> For those burning Knoppix cd's for IT Expo, and others :)
> There was a bug in Knoppix 3.3-2003-9-22, a new version has been
> released, v.2003-9-24.
>
> Quote:
>
> * V3.3-2003-09-24 (small bugfix)
> - Updated cdrecord package to fix permissions of /usr/bin/cdrecord,
> so CD-recording in user-mode works again (k3b)
> - pcmcia-cs update
>
> k3b is the kde cd-r burning app.
> --
> Greg Madden
> Precision Air Balance, Inc.
> Phone: 907-276-0461
> email: pabi@gci.net

Fielder George Dowding, Chief Iceworm        .-.   Debian/GNU Linux
dba Iceworm Enterprises, Anchorage, Alaska   /v\   "Woody" v3.0r1
Since 1976 - Over 25 Years of Service.      /( )\  User Number 269482
                                            ^^-^^