ICQ and Yahoo Messenger exporting...

Subject: ICQ and Yahoo Messenger exporting...
From: Joshua Kugler (jk@as.uaf.edu)
Date: Thu Oct 02 2003 - 17:25:46 AKDT

Well, I've (finally) made the transition to a complete Linux system on my home
machine. [Well, almost, I'm still using Win4Lin for a few things.]

My last hold outs of regularly used applications are ICQ and Yahoo Messenger,
because of the all the conversation archives I have in them (AIM saves
conversations in plain HTML files).

ICQ isn't such a big deal, since I can go to the histories for each person and
do a Save As... for the entire history.

YM is a bigger problem: every conversation (new chat window opened) is a
separate conversation, and I would have to do a Save As... for each one.
Which would ridiculous.

Does anyone know of any exporter/conversion utilities for these IM clients?
Or where the format of the message archives might be documented? I've done
some googling, but I can't find anything.

Thanks!

--
Joshua Kugler
Assistant Systems Administrator