XMMS

Subject: XMMS
From: Matthew Dunaway (fert@eagle.ptialaska.net)
Date: Thu Oct 02 2003 - 12:55:48 AKDT

I was reading at a linux newsgroup the other day, and somebody said that
the EQ in XMMS only works with mp3's. Is this true? I have a few CD's
that I ripped with grip into ogg format, and the equalizer didn't work.
I then tried to rip them into mp3 format, but I kept getting error
messages. Does grip not support the mp3 format, or is there a setting I
have to change somewhere??
Ther is an EQ on XMMS's ( the description says it will work with any
music format played in XMMS) website that I downloaded, but it wont
compile on SuSE. It said I have the wrong version of the glib
libraries. I did a searh to try to find the correct version number, but
no luck. (It did compile and worked well with Redhat 9. I happen to like
SUSE better, so I put it on and took Redhat 9 off).
I am dual-booting SUSE and Win. XP at the moment. I have a program in
Windows that will convert music into any format, including mp3. My
problem is that I have about 60 CDs on my puter. I don't want to have to
convert them into mp3's and then burn them to CD, again. I will if I
have to, but would rather not.