Upgrading FreeBSD

Subject: Upgrading FreeBSD
From: Damien Hull (dhull@digitaloverload.net)
Date: Thu Oct 02 2003 - 12:32:31 AKDT

I emailed the FreeBSD list about upgrading to stable and getting 4.9. It
turns out that the stable branch of FreeBSD is like Debian testing. If
it's anything like Debian testing they should rename it "testing".

However, I was told that 4.9 works and that the guy had no problems with
it. He has 2 boxes running 4.9.

My recommendation is to upgrade to 4.8 release. I'm waiting for 4.9
release so I can get something a little safer.

Hope this helps the FreeBSD users on the list.