Re: Linux for IBM p-series

Subject: Re: Linux for IBM p-series
From: Joshua Kugler (jk@as.uaf.edu)
Date: Wed Oct 01 2003 - 12:29:12 AKDT

I'm investigating SuSE right now. I appears they have it for download on
their web site. I'm downloading the manual right now. The SuSE installation
manual has directions for rs/6000, so I'll have to see how much of the system
I can download from their site, and how to go about it. :)

Redhat doesn't have it for p-seeires ANYWHERE on their site (except to buy
it).

The Debian site says it supports some RS/6000 machines. I'll have to ask my
boss which processor we have.

Thanks for all the tips. They are helping! :)

--
Joshua Kugler
Assistant Systems Administrator