Knoppix Demonstration for UAA German Day

Subject: Knoppix Demonstration for UAA German Day
From: Fielder George Dowding (fgdowding@iceworm-enterprises.net )
Date: Mon Sep 29 2003 - 17:30:55 AKDT

Greetings all,

I have just given a demonstration of Knoppix 3.3 to my German Professor.
She was quite impressed, and she is willing to ask for space, location,
etc. needed to demonstrate at the UAA German Day event this Friday,
October 3, 2003. We also discussed the distribution of these free CD's.
We agreed to provide each of the seven High School German teachers with
one. Then, we would ask each teacher to select students who are
interested in computers, operating systems, etc. as well as being
members of a German class. So, I figure, eight "teacher's editions"
(always have an extra) and maybe a dozen or two "student editions". The
only difference would be the label.

I will prepare a page or two handout for the teachers. I am thinking it
should be in German, but I will first prepare it in English. I expect I
will be able to have the UAA German department make sufficient copies. I
am also considering a single page instruction sheet as well for use of
the CD. Remember, not every one is born with a cpu in their mouth.

Some time ago, there was a thread regarding getting Linux/BSD/OSS into
the Anchorage School District. Well, lads and lassies, this is a foot in
the door.

I would like to borrow or have someone bring a box (laptop would be
fine) that is faster than my 233's or my Celeron 300 laptop. A large
monitor would be a definite plus for this demo effort. I will not be
able to make it to either of the IT Expo days, so consider this as a
rehersal for the main event.

--
Fielder George Dowding, Chief Iceworm        .-.   Debian/GNU Linux
dba Iceworm Enterprises, Anchorage, Alaska   /v\   "Woody" v3.0r1