sound in gentoo

Subject: sound in gentoo
From: Tim Jordan, Network Services (timothy_jordan@labor.state.ak.us)
Date: Thu Sep 18 2003 - 03:52:45 AKDT

I'm having trouble getting my sound to work. I get nothing! I

I have followed the Gentoo Desktop guide

KDE and sound

KDE has some nice sound utilities, including the KDE sound mixer kmix.

Note: If kmix cannot find a mixer, then it probably thinks you don't have
sound support. Log out and remove ~/.kde/share/config/kmixrc and
~/.kde/share/config/kmix:* then log in again. This time it should find the
sound mixer properly.
Still nothing!
Up to this point the Gentoo Doc's have been very useful. I have checked the
Gentoo Forums but did not find any refrences expect the one mentioned above.

Any suggestion?

Tim