Re: java and the browser

Subject: Re: java and the browser
From: Tim Jordan, Network Services (Timothy_Jordan@labor.state.ak.us)
Date: Fri Aug 15 2003 - 09:44:59 AKDT

Hey Mike,
This is not an answer but a suggestion.
Have you tried Mozilla Firebird for a browser? It's the lean and mean
browser based on Mozilla. One of the nice things about Firebird is that it
prompts you to load plug-ins and then handles the install.

Java has given me my share of headaches under Linux also! Now, I'm a
Firebird user... :-)

Tim

Justin Dieters wrote:
I'm assuming you are using Mozilla on Linux. Does about:plugins[1] say Java
is loaded? Is Java in your mozilla plugin's directory? (In my case, this is
/usr/local/mozilla/plugins/) On mine, I have copied the java plugin files
from the jdk folder to the mozilla folder. On my desktop, the full path of
this is /usr/local/mozilla/plugins/java2/ Then, I have a symlink from
/usr/local/mozilla/plugins/libjavaplugin.oji to
/usr/local/mozilla/plugins/java2/plugin/i386/ns600/libjavaplugin_oji.so This
is kind of a hacked together setup. (I was having troubles when I upgraded
myjava verson a while back) I believe it is more standard to just make
symlinks to the jdk/jre plugin folders rather than copying the files. Hope
this helps. Justin ----- Original Message ----- From: Barsalou
<barjunk@attglobal.net>[2] Date: Friday, August 15, 2003 9:07 am Subject:
java and the browser I know java is loaded on the machine, but when using
webmin....I get a plugin symbol (that little puzzle piece) that says the
plug-in isn't loaded. What do I have to do to make it see where java is?

[IMG]

--- Links --- 1 about:plugins 2 mailto:barjunk@attglobal.net 3 mailto:barjunk@attglobal.net 4 mailto:aklug-request@aklug.org 5 mailto:aklug-request@aklug.org

-- Binary/unsupported file stripped by Listar -- -- Type: image/gif -- File: pb_linux.gif