Re: Greetings! and IT expo

Subject: Re: Greetings! and IT expo
From: Jon Reynolds (jonr@destar.net)
Date: Mon Aug 11 2003 - 10:35:46 AKDT

On Mon, 2003-08-11 at 08:50, tcv@ninjatech.cjb.net wrote:
> I just found out there was a LUG in Alaska and I will be attending this friday's meeting.
>
> I saw mention of the upcoming IT Expo and I would very much like to do a presentation on either:
> o Advanced Network Security , Penetration Testing and Post Intrusion
> Forensics in Unix Based Operating Systems.
> Topics:
> o Pre-Installation and Security Policy Design
> o Tightening Security After/During Installation
> o Kernel Security Through Randomization of Core Kernel
> Functions - Heap , Stack, Shared Library and Executables
> o Securing Services With Mandatory Access Control Lists
> o Firewall Construction- Packet Filter, Application Gateway,
> and Circuit Relay. What is Best for Your Organization?
> o Cryptographic Filesystems - CFS,TCFS and CryptoAPI
> o Forensics - Low Level Re-creation of an Attack
> o Proactive Security - Attack Your Network Before They Do
> .external concerns
> .internal concerns

> o Design and Implementation of Ipv6 ( next generation internet
> protocol) Networks.
>
> Topics:
>
> o What is Ipv6?
> o Preparation, Kernel Configuration and Installation
> o Tunnel Configuration
> o Ipv6 Support in Applications
> o DNS and Apache Sestup
> o Ipv6 Routing
> o Ipv6 clients
> o 6 to 4 conversion and the 6bone

> Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. - Rich Cook
> pub 1024D/6F04299B 2003-08-10 T.C.V. (Postatem obscuri lateris nescitis) <tcv@ninjatech.cjb.net>
> Key fingerprint = 2E8F 57BF 31FC 1344 7BB3 2D08 AB33 1185 6F04 299B
> sub 2048g/431F3112 2003-08-10 [expires: 2004-08-09]

Welcome tcv,

        We meet at the Muldoon mall, 1251 Muldoon Road, across the street from
Fred Meyers and in the same building as East40 Bowl. We leave the door
open in the back of the mall for easy access so just drive around back
and you will find us. The meetings are scheduled for Friday nights from
6:30-11:30pm but the 11:30 usually turns into 1:30. :)

        We were actually discussing having presentations at these meetings so
if you would like to make a run through at the meeting before the IT
Expo you are more than welcome. We have a projector and a big white wall
to project to.

Hope to see you there and welcome to AKLUG,

Jon