Re: mtu settings in ipcop

Subject: Re: mtu settings in ipcop
From: Bob (rpelz@arctic.net)
Date: Thu Jul 31 2003 - 23:00:59 AKDT

On Thursday 31 July 2003 08:58 pm, you wrote:
> Does anyone know how to change mtu settings in ipcop. I don't think thi=
> is my problem, but tech support at acs doesn't seem to be able to think
> of anything else.
>
> All of a sudden, I can't surf the net. I can only access a couple of
> sites through port 80. The thing is though. I can do email just fine an=
> I seem to be able to access ftp OK, even sites I can't access through a
> browser. AKLUG for instance.
>
> Anybody have any suggestions?
>
> Jim Gribbin

Jim,

Looks like 'ifconfig mtu N' sets mtu (maximum transmission unit)
see info ifconfig

Found a suggestion of=20
=09dialup mtu =3D 576
=09PPP0E 1492
             Ethernet, dsl, cable mtu=3D 1500

But:
On my IPCOP box using dialup shows PPP0 has mtu=3D1500 and it works fine.

Don't know if it even relates to your situatiion but that looks like the =
way to change mtu.

         Bob Pelz rpelz@arctic.net