Trouble with glibc and filemaker pro server `GLIBC_PRIVATE' not found

Subject: Trouble with glibc and filemaker pro server `GLIBC_PRIVATE' not found
From: Brad Bice (rbb@alaskapacific.edu)
Date: Fri Jul 11 2003 - 15:59:20 AKDT

Hi Folks,
I am trying to install Filemaker Pro Server 5.5 on Redhat linux 8.0 The
Filemaker website states the requirements as

Red Hat® Linux
Software Requirements
      * Red Hat® Linux 6.2 or 7.0

The is a document on the web with instructions for getting it to run on
Red hat 7.3 http://www.giggo.de/publications/fmserver_redhat.html.

I followed the instructions and when I try to start the filemaker pro
server, this is the error that I get:

[root@ncate bin]# /usr/bin/startoldglibcapp /usr/bin/fmserverd
/usr/bin/fmserverd: /usr/i386-glibc21-linux/lib/ld-2.1.3.so: version
`GLIBC_PRIVATE' not found (required by /lib/libc.so.6)

I searched google groups, but I did not find a clear way to solve this
and my knowledge of gcc and libraries etc, is very limited.

Does anyone know how I can work around this?

Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated and if we get this to
work it will prevent another installation of windoze 2000 server.

Thanks

--
Brad Bice <rbb@alaskapacific.edu>
Alaska Pacific University