Re: Redhat 9.0 and networking

Subject: Re: Redhat 9.0 and networking
From: Paul Carr (paulcarr@barrow.com)
Date: Thu Jul 03 2003 - 21:01:54 AKDT

I was unable to identify the problem, but I did find a work around. I
reinstalled 7.2, setup the networking, and did an upgrade instead of a
new install. It all works fine now. Why it would work on an upgrade and
not on a fresh install seems strange to me.

There must be something I am missing in the way 9.0 sets up networking
differently. (Tech Support at RedHat was no help) What was so strange
about it all was that the devices would configure and activate properly.
  I could ping the interfaces locally, but I could not reach anything on
the lan segment.

Now that I am up to 9.0, I am not so sure I like it! :(