Re: Redhat 9.0 and networking

Subject: Re: Redhat 9.0 and networking
From: W.D. McKinney (deem@wdm.com)
Date: Wed Jul 02 2003 - 20:27:29 AKDT

Hi Paul,

RedHat 9x has been reported to have locked down ports and services by
default. Previous versions did not and thus most likely is why you did
not have this issue in 7.2. I would check to be sure what services you
are looking at are available.

nmap and lsof sound like the tools you need.

Does this help ?

Dee