Jigdo-RedHat 9

Subject: Jigdo-RedHat 9
From: Greg Madden (pabi@gci.net)
Date: Mon Jun 09 2003 - 13:33:11 AKDT

The following is a post by Richard Atterer who does the jigdo app for
building iso's from file sources. I use jigdo for doing Debian dvd'd &
cd's and it works quite well. I haven't tried the RedHat version, it is
new & I don't have a RH box, but if it works as well with RH mirrors it
is a good way to get an iso image.

"Hello,

there is now a Redhat 9 RPM for jigdo available from
<http://ftp.berlios.de/pub/jigdo/>. It was built by Paul Bolle, who is
now
also a member of the "jigdo" project on BerliOS.

Feedback about the RPM is welcome, especially whether it works on some
non-RH9 systems, or whether Paul's new specfile (in CVS) is suitable for
building RPMs under other distros. It /should/ build on Mandrake, and we
don't know about SuSE. To try it, download a snapshot with the new file
from <http://atterer.net/jigdo/jigdo-030604.tar.bz2>.

Cheers,

  Richard"

--