Re: routing H E L P!!!!!!!!

Subject: Re: routing H E L P!!!!!!!!
From: Scott Johnson (sjohnson@akghetto.com)
Date: Sun Jun 08 2003 - 22:34:26 AKDT

Well I figured out and fixed the problem. I feel pretty stupid about it
actually....

A few weeks ago I was playing around in webmin, messing with some
settings.... well I accidently configured iptables to activate at boot. I
normally don't use iptables at all since the machine is already behind my
firewall, so I hadn't defined any rules.

Last Wednesday I had a power failure and wouldn't you know.... when the
machine rebooted, iptables got activated, and with no rules set it changed
to a default of deny all, INCLUDING packets that were coming back to the
machine that were originated by it.

So anyways.... a simple "iptables stop" command fixed all my problems.

Thanks to all for your assistance.

Scott