IPCop and DNS

Subject: IPCop and DNS
jonr@destar.net
Date: Sat May 31 2003 - 23:45:34 AKDT

I have an IPCop box that is not doing DNS that is being done by an
internal DNS server. I was screwing around with the /etc/hosts and
/etc/resolv.conf files in an effort to get the green network able to check
the website from within the network. Well I screwed something up along the
way. Now when I try to ping the www.example.org site from my house it
lists the address as being 192.168.2.10 instead of 24.237.x.x.

I have made sure that all /etc/hosts and /etc/resolv.conf files are back
to their original state and there is an entry in the dns server for the
www as well as mail and ns1. Whats very bizarre is that if I type in
mail.example.org it resolves to the website. What have I done and how can
I fix that, also can anybody tell me how to be able to use the FQDN from
the green network to the orange network and view the friggin' website from
within the green network?

Any help is appreciated,

Jon