Re: Cable distances

Subject: Re: Cable distances
From: Justin Dieters (enderak@gci.net)
Date: Wed May 28 2003 - 08:33:28 AKDT

I don't think there is a minimum distance for twisted pair. I regularly
use lengths as small as 4" to 12" to connect between devices like DSL
modem and switch, switch-switch, and even card-switch in the case of my
smoothwall box. I've never had a problem with any of the short cables.

Hope that helps.

Justin