Re: Painted myself into a Gnupg corner (final)

Subject: Re: Painted myself into a Gnupg corner (final)
From: Fielder George Dowding (fgdowding@iceworm-enterprises.net)
Date: Thu May 15 2003 - 11:31:57 AKDT

Greetings all, thanks for all your suggestions.

I must have recorded the wrong passphrase. Also, the utility does
not accept a null passphrase.

To solve this Gordian Knot, I whipped out my trusty keyboard and
renamed the file "secring.gpg" to "secring.gpg.0". I carefully wrote
down a passphrase on a piece of scrap paper. Then I went through the
"--gen-key" and "--gen-revoke" using the same identification
information but the newly constructed, and written down on paper in
front of my eyes, passphrase.\

This worked. Cheerio! fgd. kl7fhx

--
Fielder George Dowding, Chief Iceworm
dba Iceworm Enterprises, Anchorage, Alaska