Re: R U IN?libdvdread.so.3 is needed by mplayer-0.9.0-8mdk

Subject: Re: R U IN?libdvdread.so.3 is needed by mplayer-0.9.0-8mdk
From: Tim Jordan, Network Services (Timothy_Jordan@labor.state.ak.us)
Date: Mon May 12 2003 - 08:34:58 AKDT

Thanks for the reply. I finished this install. It took some time to find
but eventually I found a package on the net that had the libdvdread.so.3 .
Once I tackled that the Mplayer install went smooth.

I have it running on a P4 1.7Ghz with 1GB of RAM....Mplayer player is really
smooth. If you have not tried it.....it's worth the the effort!

Tim

shortpier wrote:
I just used the PLF ISO to install everything on my box. Mplayer and
gmplayerare working fine (on a 9.0 box just upgradeded to 9.1 and a fresh
install on my laptop of 9.1 has everything working fine Used gmplayer to
watch a divx last night and a DVD). For those who dont know the PLF is the
Penguin Liberation Front. They put out rpms and bootable ISO to insall
everything that cant be included in the Mandrake do to DMCA, Patent and
trademark issues. http://plf.zarb.org[1] Shortpier On Fri, 2003-05-09 at
13:13, Tim Jordan, Network Services wrote: Hey Leif, I was hoping to get a
some guidance on another issue with my MDK 9.1 box. When tryin to install
therpm: libdvdread.so.3 is needed by mplayer-0.9.0-8mdk I installed anything
with libdvdread*......no luck. I'd like to understand how you approach a
problem like this so I can resolve them , in the future, on my own.
Thanks...happy Friday! Tim PS: [1] does the 8mdk in the file name reffer to
the version of mdk?

--
[IMG]

--- Links --- 1 http://plf.zarb.org

-- Binary/unsupported file stripped by Listar -- -- Type: image/gif -- File: pb_linux.gif