Re: Questions

Subject: Re: Questions
From: Anthony Valentine (amv@akvalentine.com)
Date: Sun May 11 2003 - 14:42:43 AKDT

Read access shouldn't be a problem, just make sure that ntfs support is
either compiled into your kernel, or compliled as a module and that the
module is loaded.

Add a line similar to this one to your /etc/fstab file.

### NTFS Partition Mount
/dev/hda3 /mnt/windows ntfs
user,ro,uid=500,gid=500,umask=555 0 0

As others have mentioned, ntfs read works, but ntfs write is
experimental and considered dangerous. If you need write access, I
would go with the idea of creating a seperate fat partition that windows
and linux can both use.