Re: IT EXPO / Old Hardware

Subject: Re: IT EXPO / Old Hardware
From: Fielder George Dowding (fgdowding@iceworm-enterprises.net)
Date: Thu May 08 2003 - 11:40:10 AKDT

Thanks for your comment, Justin.

I seem to remember the original pupose for the aklug-ops list was
operational traffic, that is messages relating to the operation of
the hardware, list servers, web servers, etc. At some point it came
to be the receipient of messages addressed to info@aklug.org.
Perhaps this was part of the original intent.

I am looking past the ITExpo event to the continued operation of the
not-for-profit, 501(c)(3), corporate entity, which I am refering to
as the Alaska Linux Users Group. At the moment, I am thinking of it
as a list for those members of the wider aklug.org list who are
interested in and willing to volunteer time to the organization of
this entity. Granted, the direction toward obtaining 501(c)(3)
certification is not concensus. Regardless of the ultimate concensus
on this matter of corporate organization, I would rather take this
sort of discussion off the aklug.org list.

fgd. kl7fhx

--
Fielder George Dowding, Chief Iceworm
dba Iceworm Enterprises, Anchorage, Alaska