Cisco vpnclient on Redhat 9

Subject: Cisco vpnclient on Redhat 9
From: Kevin L. Jelinek (kljelinek@gvea.COM)
Date: Wed Apr 30 2003 - 16:25:20 AKDT

I upgraded to Redhat 9. When the install completed I was informed
there was a kernel that better matched my Athlon 2100+ processor
so I downloaded the kernel and the source. So far, so good.

The problem is my Cisco vpnclient v3.6 broke. I uninstalled v3.6
and installed v4.0. I can't get it to work. When I try the
"vnpclient connect " command it tries but then fails with the
message
"Secure VPN Connection terminated locally by the Client
 Reason: Failed to establish a VPN connection.
 There are no new notification messages at this time."

I turned logging on but there are no log messages.

Looking for a clue.

  Kevin