Re: Why I love linux

Subject: Re: Why I love linux
From: Joseph Jones (jjdraco@acsalaska.net)
Date: Tue Apr 29 2003 - 21:48:50 AKDT

this is what I've found from running dmesg

hub.c: new USB device 00:1d.0-1.2, assigned address 8
usb.c: USB device 8 (vend/prod 0x40a/0x530) is not claimed by any active
driver.

and this is what I found in /proc/bus/usb/devices

T: Bus=01 Lev=02 Prnt=02 Port=01 Cnt=01 Dev#= 8 Spd=12 MxCh= 0
D: Ver= 1.10 Cls=00(>ifc ) Sub=00 Prot=00 MxPS= 8 #Cfgs= 1
P: Vendor=040a ProdID=0530 Rev= 1.00
S: Manufacturer=Eastman Kodak Company
S: Product=KODAK DX3700 Digital Camera
S: SerialNumber=KJSAT58393955
C:* #Ifs= 1 Cfg#= 1 Atr=c0 MxPwr= 2mA
I: If#= 0 Alt= 0 #EPs= 3 Cls=06(still) Sub=01 Prot=01 Driver=(none)
E: Ad=01(O) Atr=02(Bulk) MxPS= 64 Ivl=0ms
E: Ad=81(I) Atr=02(Bulk) MxPS= 64 Ivl=0ms
E: Ad=82(I) Atr=03(Int.) MxPS= 8 Ivl=16ms

and James Zuelow just emailed me and suggested I compile the dx2xx
module but I looked and it looked like it was already compiled.
I tried loading it didn't seem to change the devices file.
so looks like I'm back to the drawing board. I did find a program jusb
that seems to suggest that it will work with cameras that us PTP which
my camera does but I'm having trouble getting it installed I guess I'm
going to have to do some more reading on it and see if I can't get it to
install. thanks for the suggestions though, and if you come up with
anything else I would appriciate it.