linux boxes at Salvation Army

Subject: linux boxes at Salvation Army
From: Damien Hull (dhull@digitaloverload.net)
Date: Sun Apr 27 2003 - 12:56:26 AKDT

I just started working for the Salvation Army. Part of my job is to fix
computers that have been donated. Because these are low end systems we
are the only group in town that can find a use for them. My plan was to
turn them into Linux boxes of some kind.

Here are some of the criteria I'm looking at

1. Minimum speed - I'm thinking P200
2. Distribution of Linux - maybe Debian but I'm also looking at mulinux
3. What will they be - Workstation, Firewall, etc...
4. Price

If any of you have any ideas let me know. I haven't had a chance to play
with any computers yet so I don't know what I'll be working with.As soon
as I find out I'll let every one know.

--
Damien Hull
Network Administrator