Re: SSE2 problems/kernel 2.5.67

Subject: Re: SSE2 problems/kernel 2.5.67
From: Justin Dieters (enderak@gci.net)
Date: Tue Apr 22 2003 - 20:30:30 AKDT

Doing a 'cat /proc/cpuinfo' on my system shows that my Athlon XP 2200+
supports sse, but not sse2. So yeah.. it appears that the Opterons are
the only AMD's that support it. Not sure why you would be having this
turned on. Are you sure you are specifying the CPU correctly when you
compile the kernel - I assume you are using 'make xconfig' when you are
setting up your kernel to recompile?

Justin