Re: Bad processor or motherboard?

Subject: Re: Bad processor or motherboard?
From: David J. Weller-Fahy (lists@weller-fahy.com)
Date: Thu Apr 17 2003 - 15:15:56 AKDT

* Jim Gribbin <jewelrysupplier@gci.net> [2003-04-17 15:12]:
> I have both a Belkin OmniCube KVM and a 'something or other' OmniView
> KVM that I have used with my shuttle at anywhere from 800x600 to
> 1280x768. Never had any problems or issues with either.

Been having problems with this baby (beginning to think this motherboard
is just crappy) since I first got it, the KVM issue was the first. The
other issue was that anytime I tried to install any OS with a GUI on it,
it begins randomly locking up. Grrrr. Anywho, so I ran it as a
firewall for about a year, and now I've stripped it out and put it in a
MicroATX case. Now I can swap components without teaching them yoga. ;]

If this memory test passes, I'll throw my web/mail/news server on it,
and load the other machine up with a GUI enabled linux distro.

Sigh...

--
David J. Weller-Fahy        | 'These are the questions that kept me out
largely at innocent dot com |  of the really *good* schools.'