User Mode Linux

Subject: User Mode Linux
From: Damien Hull (dhull@digitaloverload.net)
Date: Wed Apr 09 2003 - 12:34:57 AKDT

I may be the only one on the list trying this out but I thought I'd let
you all know I got it working.

User Mode Linux or uml for short lets you run Linux on top of Linux.
It's great for security because the uml is the same as having a real
server. Anything that happens inside the uml stays in the uml. It
doesn't effect the host system.

I'm doing everything in Debian Woody. So far I've got a uml booting and
connected to the Internet. I can do everything on the uml that I do on
any other Debian system.

I ran "apt-get update", "apt-get dselect-upgrade" and "apt-get install
webmin". They work just like they do in any other Debian system.

I hope this generates some interest in uml.

--
Damien Hull
Network Administrator