Re: More Sendmail

Subject: Re: More Sendmail
From: Arthur Corliss (arthur@corlissfamily.org)
Date: Mon Mar 24 2003 - 11:18:04 AKST

On Mon, 24 Mar 2003 deem@wdm.com wrote:

> I saw some folks setting up a RH mail server using rpm's and gui management from a
> stock CD install, that was *not* with current sendmail exploit patches. Does that help
> you ?

<G> I would think that anyone using an rpm from the CD that isn't checking the
version is asking for trouble. But, again, that really has nothing to do with
MTAs, and everything to do with software deployment and administration.

> This thread seems to be getting a bit lengthy so maybe just toss me any replies
> directly.

Don't open a can of worms in public unless you're prepared to have them picked
through, Dee. . .

        --Arthur Corliss