Gnome Nautilus Scripts

Subject: Gnome Nautilus Scripts
From: Neil Moomey (neilmoomey@gci.net)
Date: Sun Mar 23 2003 - 14:45:52 AKST

Here are some handy Nautilus scripts I made. To use them right click on
a file in Nautilus and select Scripts, and the script name. To install,
create a shell script file for each item as specified below and place in
the ~/.gnome/nautilus-scripts directory. Make sure they have execute
permission. I'm not sure which versions of Nautilus it works for. I'm
using 1.0.6 You can get Image Magick at www.imagemagick.org and it comes
with most distros.

- Neil

Filename: Rotate_Image_Left
#!/bin/sh
# This Nautilus Script uses ImageMagick to rotate an image left
mogrify -rotate 270 $*

Filename: Rotate_Image_Right
#!/bin/sh
# This Nautilus Script uses ImageMagick to rotate an image right
mogrify -rotate 90 $*

Filename: Resize_JPEG_500
#!/bin/sh
# This Nautilus Script uses ImageMagick to resize JPEG 500 pixels
maximum width or height
mogrify -resize 500x500 -sharpen 20 -compress JPEG -quality 80 $*

Filename: Make_Thumbnail
#!/bin/sh
# This Nautilus Script uses ImageMagick to change name to t_<filename>
and resize JPEG 100 pixels maximum width or height
cp $* t_$*
mogrify -resize 100x100 -sharpen 20 -compress JPEG -quality 80 t_$*

Filename: Terminal
#! /bin/sh
# This Nautilus Script opens a gnome-terminal in this directory
cd $NAUTILUS_SCRIPT_CURRENT_URI
exec gnome-terminal

Filename: Execute_Jar
#! /bin/sh