Re: software RAID vs hardware RAID

Subject: Re: software RAID vs hardware RAID
From: Damien Hull (dhull@digitaloverload.net)
Date: Fri Mar 14 2003 - 12:22:23 AKST

Looks like I'm going with software RAID.

As for /root needing to be on the array, yes. It needs to be on the
array because you need to be able to boot off of it.

If /root or /boot, depending on how you set it up, isn't on the array
and one drive fails then you loose your kernel. No kernel means no more
system.

--
Damien Hull
Network Administrator