What motherboard should I buy?

Subject: What motherboard should I buy?
From: Anthony Valentine (amv@akvalentine.com)
Date: Sat Mar 08 2003 - 18:06:52 AKST

Hello everyone!

I am looking to upgrade my system in the very near future, including a
spankin' new MB and AMD CPU.

I was looking at the ASUS A7V8X board, but I've been reading that there
are a lot of compatability issues with it and Linux (the nForce version
anyway). Has anyone here used an A7V8X with the nForce2 chipset? How
about the Via KT400 chipset?

I am not set on Asus, but I've been using them for so long, that I don't
have any knowledge of other brands. Can someone recommend a good MB for
me?

I am looking for an Athlon board that will take up to and Athlon-XP
3000. Extra features are nice, but not necessary. I don't care about
the price (even expensive MBs are under $200). Linux compatibility is
the most important thing.

Thanks for your input!

--
Anthony Valentine <amv@akvalentine.com>