RE: ACS authentication down

Subject: RE: ACS authentication down
From: Leif Sawyer (lsawyer@gci.com)
Date: Wed Mar 05 2003 - 09:42:41 AKST

Greg Madden responds to:
> Jim Gribbin, whom wrote:
>> This is fun. Apparently ACS is experiencing a
>> system-wide authentication failure. Luckly my
>> connection is already up - so I don't have to
>> authenticate. But I can't check my IA email. Stuck
>> surfing to GCI's email.
>
> Thats what they say, my DSL conection was dropped, must be the
> flakey pppoe support in IPCOP :) Now I am on my GCI dial up,
> and...things......have......never........been...........so
> ........slow.

People still use dialup? Wow!

I've got DSL and cablemodem hooked up to my linux firewall/router.
A couple of scripts that I've written verify connectivity between
them (for simplicity, I prefer the CM over DSL) and automatically
switch based on availability of the upstream network. Also
re-configs the firewall and updates my DNS so that I can still
reach my network from outside.

I suppose I could stick an outboard modem on it for the 3rd net
interface, but if it gets that bad, i'll just read a book.. :-)

-- Type: application/x-pkcs7-signature
-- File: smime.p7s