RE: Linux Desktop Publishing - Humor

Subject: RE: Linux Desktop Publishing - Humor
From: Jan Zumwalt (jwzumwalt@neatinfo.com)
Date: Tue Feb 25 2003 - 17:58:51 AKST

Here is my tong in check reply...
There is much blabber regarding "steep" learning curve for Unix
tools. Aside from the lack of understanding of what "learning curve"
is about, one who makes such an observation apparently
a) does not have anything very serious to do:
"My 12 year old daughter has a conflicting agenda for my time"
b) is in a hurry "just to get something out"
"I thought I was doing the right thing, I try to support the disposable
wasteful country I live in."
c) hates computers
"Computers are currently a blessing, but are becoming the demise of
mankind..."
d) never has had the pleasure of compiling and installing a kernel
"I have written complete OS's, - not a trivial matter"
e) etc.
I'm fifty years old and would like to experience other things before my
first heart attack."
"I love UNIX but it could be better", quote from the worlds wisest man (Jan
Zumwalt)
Please do not think the above listed items are put-downs. The
problem arises when these monoliths are used for a purpose contrary
to the list.