Re: Valid Block Device

Subject: Re: Valid Block Device
From: Justin Dieters (enderak@gci.net)
Date: Sat Feb 22 2003 - 15:18:43 AKST

It should be IDE if it's scsi. Make sure /dev/cdrom points to the
correct device (If I had to guess, I'd say it would be /dev/hdc) Try
mounting it using the hd* device rather than the cdrom link.

If it's RH7.3, it should've found it and set it up already (obviously it
knew where it was when it installed off the CD :) ). Check your fstab.
to see where it is

If you don't have it installed when you boot up, kudzu probably takes it
off and you'll have to reboot or manually run kudzu after putting it in
again. My Thinkpad has a swapable floppy and cd-rom, and kudzu
automagically sets up whichever one is in when I boot, but I can't
hot-swap them, and if I don't have either in when I boot, neither is set
up..

Justin