64 bit SPARC CPU +3 Distros +hardrive Dies =HELL

Subject: 64 bit SPARC CPU +3 Distros +hardrive Dies =HELL
From: shortpier (shortpier@shortpier.is-a-geek.com)
Date: Fri Feb 21 2003 - 14:54:53 AKST

Any out there very familiar with the Sun Ultra 10 line of worstations?=20
I got one but the 4.3 gig ide internal hd is dieing (hd seek IO error
sectorio not found etc)=20

Got mandrake 7.1 to install and boot fine... To old , to incompatble
with modern etc

Debian 3.0 Installs But Silo chokes after SI.....

Gentoo stage1 and stage2 will not complete in the system compiles
(emerge system) stage1 chokes on gcc, stage2 chokes on PERL. and with
the hardrive choking i said F**K it till I can replace it (if possible)

can I replace the 4.3 gig Seagate with another drive? Could not find
anything on suns site. and a clue in how to go into the openboot and
setup a new HD? I know I need the sundisk lable.

Any help would be appreciated......

Been a LONG WEEK ... Killed my imap server.... Just got it back up a few
mins ago, Broke Mozilla and Enigmail, Broke NFS. Good Notes.... Got
scanner working, got old sparcserver 10 backonline (I love SCSI HD's in
sun boxen). Its been one of dem weeks to go play in the traffic

Shortpier

10 mins, Bill Gates, and a baseball bat. Is this to much to ask God?

-- Attached file included as plaintext by Listar --
-- File: signature.asc
-- Desc: This is a digitally signed message part