Re: Wireless

Subject: Re: Wireless
From: Greg Jetter (greg@lazymountain.com)
Date: Sat Feb 15 2003 - 20:32:15 AKST

On Saturday 15 February 2003 04:45 pm, Adam Elkins wrote:
> I'm new to the wireless thing...And I just spent a bunch of money....
>
> I have a Linksys WPC11 ver.3 pcmcia card.
>
> I found on the net to use the orinoco_cs module. so I loaded it.
> When I do an 'ifconfig -a' shouldn't I see a Wlan0 or something?
> I get his:
>
> tun10 Link encap:UNSPEC HWaddr 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00
>
> Whats that?
>
> What an\m I missing?
>
> Adam

just got done setting up one the other day , I had to edit the
/etc/pmcia/config.opt and wireless.opts files to get mine going , I used an
ornioco card ....
had to tell the card what the name of the wireless network was and what
the encription key was as well as the mode , infastructure or ad-hock ,
after that restarted pcmica services and it worked like a charm...

Greg