CHROOT + SSH

Subject: CHROOT + SSH
From: furbs (furbs@mail.swjedi.net)
Date: Wed Feb 12 2003 - 14:05:11 AKST

I am pulling my hair out trying to figure this out. I had it working at one
point, and then I noticeed it stopped one day.

I have ssh2 running, with users defined for Chroot access using "ChrootUsers" I
also have an entry for each user defined in sudeors (or however its spelt.)
There is also a root tree set up in their home directory. Now all of this was
working, and I have no idea what caused it to stop, or when it stopped. So far,
it seems that it simply isn't running the "chroot" on the user when they log
in. Does anyone have any knowledge as to how to set up Chroot with SSH? "ssh-
chrootmgr" doesn't work either. Anything I can find on this is extreamly vague
and doesn't actually explain the entire process of a working setup. Any help is
appreciated, I need to get this fixed ASAP.

     Brian ThunderEagle
      - http://www.swjedi.net
      - furbs@swjedi.net
      - bthundereagle@aidea.org