Follow up for ODBC, MySQL and OpenOffice

Subject: Follow up for ODBC, MySQL and OpenOffice
From: Mike Barsalou (mbarsalou@aidea.org)
Date: Wed Feb 12 2003 - 09:14:30 AKST

Here is one of the comments that I read that agrees with my experience:

OO.o1.0/RH 8.0 worked pretty much out of the box for me. All I had to do was
install the various packages (MyODBC*, mysql*, perl-DBD-MySQL*, unixODBC*),
edit /etc/odbcinst.ini and create /etc/odbc.ini and I was away.

Actually, there was one other gotcha caused by Red Hat not (yet) supplying a
rebuilt version of MyODBC to go with the errata update of MySQL.

rpmbuild --rebuild MyODBC*.src.rpm ; rpm -Uvh --force
/usr/src/redhat/RPMS/i386/MyODBC* fixes that. I found the problem documented
in Red Hat's Bugzilla database at by searching for part of the error message
(/usr/lib/openoffice/program/soffice.bin: relocation error:
/usr/lib/libmyodbc.so: undefined symbol: _init_dynamic_array).