Re: some new email virus?

Subject: Re: some new email virus?
From: Greg Madden (pabi@gci.net)
Date: Thu Feb 06 2003 - 21:51:18 AKST

On Thu, 2003-02-06 at 10:03, Fielder George Dowding wrote:

> Yesterday (roughly within the past twenty-four hours) I have
> received six to eight. They were different, but each contained an
> executable (*.exe) disguised as a sound file. I filed two of them
> and sent a spam report through SpamCop. All messages were received
> via my ACS DSL e-mail account. I sent a message to
> tech.support@acsalaska.net pointing out I was getting these virus
> carrying messages. I asked them to take action to prevent
> distribution of these, especially to me. So, it appears my e-mail
> account has been disabled. fgd.

I have been looking at the new KDE 3.1 stuff and I just noticed that
Kmail now has a new filter mechanism. It now allows you to manage/create
filters on your ISP's server. I haven't tried it out yet, I filter
during download, but it looks promising for managing spam at the server
level.

--
Greg Madden
Precision Air Balance, Inc.