Re: ms access,openoffice and mysql

Subject: Re: ms access,openoffice and mysql
schneider@ferocitydesign.com
Date: Sun Feb 02 2003 - 16:39:54 AKST

Mehran,

I've never been able to get mysql to directly import (file to file) a comma
delimited file cleanly before, so I generally mcguyver it to get the format
proper. It involves using the inherent msaccess export utility to save
your data as .csv files. I create my CREATE TABLE syntax in a separate
file and import to mysql using, gasp, copy and paste...

If anyone has been able to use mysql's import process from a file
successfully, please enlighten us. My way, however, does work like a charm.

Kate