Re: Serial mice

Subject: Re: Serial mice
From: Shortpier (shortpier@shortpier.is-a-geek.com)
Date: Sun Jan 26 2003 - 12:19:10 AKST

Adam Elkins wrote:

>Is there something special that needs to be done to get a serial mouse=20
>working? I've ran all the config scripts, I've edited them my self, but t=
>hey=20
>refuse to work. they seem to have left out the man page for this...
>
>Adam
>
>---------

try useing a symbolic link to /dev/cua* (*= serial port 0=com1 1=com2
etc) to /dev/mouse

then get in console mode and read the man page for gpm (general purpose
mouse support) and on a command line and issess the command gpm -t
(mouse type) and find the one that works example if I want to use my
ps/2 mouse the command is gpm -t ps2

Hope this helps

Shortpier

10 mins, Bill Gates, and a baseball bat. Is this to much to ask God?