Re: Suse 8.1 Update

Subject: Re: Suse 8.1 Update
From: Jim Dory (jdory@gci.net)
Date: Mon Jan 13 2003 - 20:30:36 AKST

The Fueley wrote:

>I just installed a fresh copy of Suse 8.1. having trouble with the online
>update. I start Yast2 and try to update, but i keep getting this error, that
>says try again or use another ftp or http site. Sometimes Yast2 will freeze
>and i have to xkill it. This has been happening for the last couple of days.
>anyone else notice it? is there a local server to get updates from?
>Appreciate any help
>Chris Rivera

I just wasted some time trying several times today to update a Suse 7.3
install using Yast2 and had similar results to yours. Sometimes it would
actually very slowly gather package info, but crash on error from
server. Glad to hear though that it wasn't my own problem. I do think I
managed to update the YOU thingy.. the Yast online updater. Maybe try
again in a few days. /j