RH 8.0 on VMware, no network connections? Help!

Subject: RH 8.0 on VMware, no network connections? Help!
From: Wesley Brown (webtacsat@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Jan 09 2003 - 21:21:09 AKST

I am having some trouble understanding my network settings in RH 8.0. I installed RH on VMware on my Windows XP laptop. Anyway I have done some research but I feel that I may be more confused now. This link seems like it may be helpful but I can't sort it all out. http://www.seattlewireless.net/index.cgi/DlinkDwl650Plus?action=print If anyone has any chance to look at it I would appreciate it. I have the D-link 650+ card and an internal ethernet card, neither are working with RH, but they work with Windows. My main question is, when I add the wireless card to my Network Configuration it is in the list of possible cards... does that mean that there are drivers already installed for it? My main problem is that when I try to activate the card or the ethernet port it fails. I really believe all my settings are correct. I have tried DHCP (because I have a home network with the D-link wireless router) and I have tried assigning IP's... nothing works. I am despate, please help.