Upgrade issues

Subject: Upgrade issues
From: Mike Barsalou (mbarsalou@aidea.org)
Date: Thu Jan 02 2003 - 11:15:05 AKST

For an upgrade, it went relatively smooth. Several of the problems that I
encountered are:

1. Random screen saver no longer scrolls through the different screen
savers.

2. Printing from Evolution now causes a segfault

3. Because I had installed a non RH version of Openoffice, I had some
trouble getting it to work.

4. Win4lin stopped working (I was already aware this would happen)

I was able to fix the openoffice problem by re-installing the RH version and
running setup for the user. Then menu didn't update right away but after
rebooting the menu items appeared in the expected place.

I haven't been able to figure out what is causing Evo to crash...any ideas
out there?

I haven't spent much time on the screen saver problem...not a reall high
priority.

I spent a little time on the Win4lin problem, but haven't been able to
resolve it yet.

Mike