RE: somrthing like putty

Subject: RE: somrthing like putty
From: Tom (thogland@alaskatech.org)
Date: Thu Dec 26 2002 - 12:38:42 AKST

On Thu, 26 Dec 2002, Larry Collier wrote:
> Cygwin works well but sucks up network bandwidth, esp. when idle. VNC I
> haven't tried, though I think it's an orphan product at this point. There
> is a derivative, TightVNC though, that is being worked on.

There is also RealVNC, which is using the next release number after AT&T's
(they just released 3.3.4). Not much different from the prior one, except
that it's a single file installer, and it has the option to disable
backgrounds on the remote machine to save bandwidth... Am using it at work
and it seems quite happy.