Re: Kmail

Subject: Re: Kmail
From: Greg Madden (pabi@gci.net)
Date: Thu Dec 19 2002 - 13:58:50 AKST

On Thu, 2002-12-19 at 12:43, Matthew Dunaway wrote:

> Hello,
> I am trying to use Kmail. It will get my mail just fine, but won't send.
> I get a pop up box that says:
>
> "The precommand exited with code: 127
> Unknown error: 127
>
> Does anybody know how to fix this?
>
> Right now I am using Mozilla Mail, which works just fine.

In Kmail Settings check to see if you have 'server requires
authentication' selected. I use acsalaska.net for sending & don't use
any precommands. Depending on who your ISP is you may want to go to the
security tab in the settings dialog box for sending and use the 'check
what the server supports' for authentication button.

--
Greg Madden
Precision Air Balance, Inc.