Re: Non-root ssh

Subject: Re: Non-root ssh
From: Fielder George Dowding (fgdowding@iceworm-enterprises.net)
Date: Tue Dec 17 2002 - 14:41:57 AKST

Hi Mike and everybody. When I want to ssh to another machine, I log
in to somebody other than root. Then, assuming I have root
priviledges, I su to root as needed. Of course, the other userid
must be setup on the target machine. Also, I always, repeat
_ALWAYS_, start out as somebody other than root on the host from
which I am ssh'ing.

fgd.

On Tue, 17 Dec 2002 12:58:08 -0900
Mike Barsalou <mbarsalou@aidea.org> wrote:

> I want to setup ssh so that I can login as a non-root user....what
> are the basic steps for this?
>
> I have been reading through the docs and I am getting clues, but I
> am missing something.
>
> Anyone have any good ideas?
>
> Mike

Fielder George Dowding, Chief Iceworm
dba Iceworm Enterprises, Anchorage, Alaska
Since 1976 - Over 25 Years of Service.