Re: daytime and port 13

Subject: Re: daytime and port 13
bryan@ak.net
Date: Tue Dec 17 2002 - 13:40:49 AKST

On Thu, Dec 12, 2002 at 07:55:25AM -0900, Mike Barsalou <mbarsalou@aidea.org> wrote:

> I have an application that may need access to port 13 (daytime)....what do I
> have to have running to provide that service?

If you're running tcpd, that can handle daytime requests itself.
Look at the top of /etc/inetd.conf, and make sure that daytime
service is provided.

If you're running tcpserver instead, here's a quick solution:
http://kimihia.org.nz/how/daytime/

But you're a redhat man, aren't you? So are you running xinetd?
If so, then I can't help you, since I've never used it. Maybe my
suggestion above is enough to point you or one of the xinetd gurus
on this list in the right direction.

--
Bryan Medsker
bryan@ak.net