Re: Finding a package

Subject: Re: Finding a package
From: Jim Gribbin (jewelrysupplier@gci.net)
Date: Thu Dec 12 2002 - 11:45:10 AKST

I have found that I can search for a particular file contained in an RPM
from the search function on rpmfind.net's home page. Once you get to the
regular search page, it only looks for packages by package name. In this
case you are probably looking for RCS-5.7-18.

On Thu, 2002-12-12 at 10:27, Mike Barsalou wrote:
> What is the best way to find a rpm package that contains a specific file? I
> tried using rpmfind, but it didn't produce anything. I am looking for the
> package that contains:
>
> /usr/bin/ci
>
> Although I will eventually find the package by hunting around...it sure
> seems like others would be having this similar problem and someone has
> already found an answer.
>
> Mike

Jim Gribbin <jewelrysupplier@gci.net>
Anchorage Jewelry Supply