Re: Amanda help

Subject: Re: Amanda help
From: Anthony Valentine (amv@akvalentine.com)
Date: Sat Dec 07 2002 - 13:14:42 AKST

As the amanda user, type 'amverify <configname>'

Amanda will read the tape to verify there are no tape errors, but in the
process it will create a list of the filesystems on the tape and e-mail
it to you (the amanda user).

If you want a list of the actuall files on the tape, I wrote a script to
read a tape and generate an index of it. Let me know if you want a copy
of it.

Anthony

On Wed, 2002-12-04 at 11:44, Mike Barsalou wrote:

> I am trying out Amanda tape program....How do I get it to show me what it
> thinks is on the tape?
>
> I think it worked, but I am not very sure.
>
> Mike

UNIX was not designed to stop you from doing stupid things, because
that would also stop you from doing clever things.